The Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver is based on the needs of the individual and the individual’s ALGO Level. There is no annual CAP, but rather funding is based on a series of assessments (which determines a person’s ALGO level). Typically, this waiver allows an individual to live on his/her own or with roommates in the community, and receive staff support as well. The person may also choose to remain living in his/her family home too.
The waiver was became effective September 2012. It used to be referred to as the Developmental Disabilities Waiver or the Autism Waiver. These have both been combined to create this waiver.
There is no longer a waiting list for this waiver, rather emergency criteria is the only qualifying factor at this point. Qualification for this waiver is based on the following emergency criteria:
- The primary caregiver is 80 years of age or older.
- Loss of primary caregiver.
- Extraordinary health and safety risk.
- Evidence of abuse or neglect in the current institutional or home placement.
AccessAbilities, Inc. offers services for the Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver at all of our locations - Merrillville, Indianapolis and Bloomington.
We offer the following services on this waiver:
- Residential and Habilitation Services (RHSO)
- Wellness Coordination (based on need- each person is assigned a Tier level)
- Day Habilitation Individual and Group
- Extended Services
- Family and Caregiver Training
- Community Transition Services ($1,000 one-time only allotment)
- Respite Services (RSPO)
- Behavior Management Services (Merrillville location only)
- Music Therapy (Merrillville, Bloomington, and Indianapolis locations)
- Residential Daily Rate
- Recreational Therapy