Family and Caregiver Training services provide training and education to instruct a parent, other family member, or primary caregiver about the treatment regimens and use of equipment specified in the Individualized Support Plan and improve the ability of the parent, family member or primary caregiver to provide the care to or for the individual.
This service can be used for:
- Treatment regimens and use of equipment
- Stress management
- Family dynamics
- Community integration
- Behavioral intervention strategies
- Mental health
- Caring for medically fragile individuals
Activities not reimbursed:
- Training/instruction not pertinent to the caregiver’s ability to give care to the individual
- Training provided to caregivers who receive reimbursement for training costs within their Medicaid or state line item reimbursement rates
- Meals, accommodations, etc., while attending the training
Each individual can utilize up to $2000 annually for this service.