Caregiver Support Services are a short-term relief period for the primary caregiver. It can be provided in the primary caregiver’s and/or individual’s home or a non-private residential setting (i.e., a “respite home”).
Our trained staff can do the following activities:
- Assistance with toileting and feeding
- Assistance with daily living skills
- Assistance with accessing the community and community activities
- Assistance with grooming and personal hygiene
- Meal preparation, serving and clean up
- Medication administration
Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The fiscal year of the state runs from July 1 - June 30. The state offers each individual $500 per person for this service, which equates to a total of 31.25 hours. You must go to your local Bureau of Development Disabilities Service (BDDS) office to complete an application for services, or apply online here. Find your local office here.
Once you are approved for services, you will receive a pick-list of provider agencies. We provide this service in all of our AccessAbilities, Inc. locations - Merrillville, Valparaiso, Indianapolis and Bloomington.
Remember, you must apply every year for this service.